November 6, 2014

Yolanda Guerrero with Tacos Guerrero in East Austin Texas

Yolanda Guerrero owns a taco stand called Tacos Guerrero near a busy intersection in East Austin, Texas. The stand attracts a diverse audience not just people of Mexican descent. The day I visited, I recall Mexican Americans and anglos buying lunch.

Yolanda is originally from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. She says that owning a taco stand and serving people makes her feel confident and happy. “I cook every day, it's important to do that, I don't freeze the meat” she says “I make the tortillas too.”

When she envisioned coming to the United States, she thought of doing something productive. “Si tienes que venir a trabajar, tienes que hecharle ganas (if you're coming to work you have to be persistent” Tacos Guerrero represents the American dream for Yolanda.

“If God helps me, I plan to open another business” she said.

Yolanda Guerrero with Tacos Guerrero in East Austin, Texas. November 6, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment